CINC Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I apply/enroll?
The CINC application can be completed electronically on our website. There is a two‐step application process in partnership with College of the Desert. All prospective students should contact our office of admissions for more detailed information and guided assistance with the process. Email or call 760‐834‐1040.

2. Do I have to be Tribal or Native to attend CINC?
No, CINC offers open enrollment to all Tribal/Native and non‐Tribal/Native students. Refer to the application and enrollment process for acceptance into our college.

3. How much is tuition?
CINC offers a unique opportunity for students to qualify for a grant program which covers the per unit cost for each course. This is a limited opportunity and not all students will qualify. Please contact our Admissions office at 760‐834‐1040 or for more information.

4. Do you offer scholarships?
CINC requires each student to apply for the Theresa A. Mike Scholarship Foundation (TAM) and all other available scholarships to offset tuition and fees. TAM offers a unique opportunity for most of our CINC students to apply. CINC also offers Textbook grants for most courses. Contact our Admissions office at 760‐834‐1040 or for more information.

5. What type of degree programs do you offer?
CINC is a two‐year college and currently offers an Associate of Arts degree program in Liberal Arts with 3 emphases: (Emphasis in Business and Technology, Emphasis in Art and Humanities, Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences) as well as an Associates of Arts degree in Sociology. See details:

6. What courses do you offer?
CINC presently offers general education courses designed to provide students with a solid educational foundation. Taking CINC courses with proper guidance will earn students an AA degree and qualify them to transfer to Cal State and University of California campuses (as well as many private universities) with the first two years of a bachelor’s degree completed. In addition, we also offer cultural language and courses taught with a Native perspective.

7. Are the courses accredited and transferable?
Yes, CINC offers accredited and transferable courses through our partnership with College of the Desert.

8. Do you offer online courses?
Yes, we are currently offer remote course options.

9. Does CINC offer free tutoring?
Yes, CINC provides free tutoring and supplemental instruction to ensure each student is as successful as possible!

10. Where are you located?
CINC in-person classes, tutoring/advising offices and student support centers are generously housed at College of the Desert’s Palm Springs Campus located at 1300 E. Baristo Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92262

CINC administrative offices are located at University of California, Riverside (UCR) at their UCR Palm Desert Center, located at 75080 Frank Sinatra Drive, Palm Desert, CA 92211.

11. Do you offer housing?
Though we hope to soon, CINC does not offer housing at this time. We do have a student success team that can help refer limited services and resources that may be helpful to you.

12. Do you offer high school diploma program or GED equivalency?
Yes, CINC through a partnership with CV Adult School, offers a direct path to attain your diploma or GED. Contact our CINC Adult Education program at or (760) 834-1040 for more information and help applying.